The role and importance of the strategic planning in bank marketing
Keywords:marketing plan, marketing planning, strategic planning, tactical planning, marketing program, higher organizational level, unit level strategic, operational level
AbstractThe paper aims to highlight the strategic planning role and place in bank marketing, define the concepts of strategic planning and marketing planning and the tactical planning, marketing plan and marketing program.In this context, the author emphasize the strategic marketing planning process and its implementation stages (defining the specific mission, environmental analysis, formulation of objectives, strategies, action plans and programs, implementation, testing, overhaul and performance evaluation). Also, are reviewed organizational and decision levels specific for the strategic planning, higher organizational level, strategic unit level and operational level and the criteria considered in formulating objectives: acceptability, flexibility, motivating character, clarity, feasibility and compatibility.
• Bravo Rafael, Montaner Teresa, Pina M. José (2009), The role of bank image for customers versus non-customers, „International Journal of Bank Marketing”, Vol. 27 Iss: 4, pp. 315-334.
• Coughlan Joseph, Shale Estelle, Dyson Robert (2010), Including the customer in efficiency analysis: Evidence of a hybrid relational-transactional approach, „International Journal of Bank Marketing”, Vol. 28 Iss: 2, pp. 136-149.
• Florescu C., Mâlcomete P., Pop N.A. (2003), Marketing. Dicţionar explicativ, Editura Economică, Bucureşti.
• Järvinen Raija, Lehtinen Uolevi, Vuorinen Ismo (2003), Options of strategic decision making in services: Tech, touch and customisation in financial services, „European Journal of Marketing”, Vol. 37 Iss: 5/6, pp. 774-795.
• Kenneth Andrew (1993), Bank Marketing in a Changing World, „International Journal of Bank Marketing”, Vol. 8 Iss: 5, pp. 2-56.
• Matos Celso Augusto, Henrique Jorge Luiz, Rosa Fernando (2009), The different roles of switching costs on the satisfaction-loyalty relationship, „International Journal of Bank Marketing”, Vol. 27 Iss: 7, pp. 506-523.
• Meidan Arthur (1993), Bank Marketing Strategies, „International Journal of Bank Marketing”, Vol. 1, Iss: 2, pp. 3-17.
• Moutinho L., Phillips P.A. (2002), The impact of strategic planning on the competitiveness, performance and effectiveness of bank branches: a neural network analysis, „International Journal of Bank Marketing”, Vol. 20 Issue: 3, pp. 102-110.
• Olteanu Valerică (2007), Marketing financiar-bancar, Editura Ecomar, Bucureşti.
• Pistol M. Gheorghe (2009), Marketing – O abordare din perspectivă financiar-bancară, Editura Universitară, Bucureşti.
• Pop Nicolae Al. (coordonator) (2000), Marketing strategic, Editura Economică, Bucureşti.